Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Few Words From Kevin

Posted on behalf of Kevin Engle, he puts the "Engle" in Engle Martin & Associates, Inc.

I just want to let everyone know how excited I’ve been by the positive response to our first ever Labor Day in May event. We threw out the challenge for every office to find a great project that will give back to each Engle Martin city and you all stepped up without flinching.

A lot of work has been put into the planning of this. I know many groups had a difficult time finding just the right project for their team, but everyone came through in the end. After so much sweat over making it come together, going out and swinging a hammer (or paint brush or whatever…) will seem like a relaxing day off! It’s unfortunate that all of you weren’t able to come up with a project as cool as my own, cleaning up the beautiful Chastain Park, but they can’t all be the best, right? Everyone’s project has been discussed on this blog and none of you have made mention that you think yours outshines the rest so I know you know I’m right.

Seriously, though, I’m proud to be associated with such an outstanding group of people. It’s a thrill to see the impressive list of organizations this company will be helping and I want to thank you all for embracing the spirit of the event – giving back to communities across America.

Have a great Labor Day in May, everyone!

3 comments:

LMP said...

I can't believe I had to post this with such a blatantly incorrect statement in it!

I'm SURE what Kevin meant to say was that while Chastain Park is a lovely place deserving our attention, it's East Lake Park that is by far, the best project on tomorrow's roster. I never made mention of it here because I didn't want to highlight what I'm sure everyone else is feeling just a little bit jealous of already. But since Kevin called me out, gotta represent.

kfoster said...

Not to outshine anyone's project or suggest that on park is better than another,however, how can you beat volunteering at the Sandy Springs Heritage Park? I mean, the importance of it is in the name! So while all parks in and surrounding the Atlanta area are more than deserving of our landscaping and restoration efforts, Heritage has the best project by far - I'm just saying :)

Shelley said...

Parks, schmarks! We're painting a home for Alabama Youth Homes....aside from the fact that we'll be painting indoors (hello, paint fumes) we're also getting to help out some troubled kids. And everyone knows the song...."I believe the children are our future"....Whitney didn't sing anything about parks!